Friday, February 24, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to the sweetest blog ever created by Chef Marie CM! Here you will find fabulous recipes for the sweetest things in life, fun videos, colorful images, and inspirational advice!

And for those of you who are wondering just how Chef Marie CM came up with this little blog, here's a short story of her History and a peek into her Culinary Heart.

It all began in my Grandmother's kitchen. Every time I went to go and visit her, she was always in the kitchen cooking up something. I would always sit down on a pot (because I was too little to reach the table I had to have a "booster") and watch her cook as I nibbled on cookies and milk. She would talk to me and tell me stories and tips of all the cooking she did for others while she sipped her coffee (that NEVER went bad). Eventually I was allowed (and tall enough) to help out and soon the cooking and baking continued in my kitchen at home. When she passed away, I continued making her recipes and it sparked my passion for cooking.

So what does that have to do with Pinkie Pie up there? Well the second thing I was passionate about as a child was My Little Pony. The love has only grown over the years, and someday I will have a daughter and granddaughters of my own and they too will love the magical ponies as much as I have. (They better considering I've kept all of my ponies and play sets all these years!)

So One of my Ponies is named Cupcake (That's the real name!) and in the current generations of My Little Pony she is known as Sugarcup. What a sweet name for a baking and pastry blog! Also, I have to admit, occasionally I'll watch My Little Pony and have come to love Pinkie Pie who works and lives at a Bakery/House! Cupcake/Sugarcup and Pinkie Pie reminds me of myself, sitting on that huge silver pot at my grandmother's table, watching, eating, and helping all the baked goods. Only this time, it's my turn.

Someday I will have my own bakery (maybe called Sugar Cup) and spread my grandmother's joy of baking to everyone.

Thanks for reading!

Chef Marie CM

Adding a little sweetness to the world... one sprinkle at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment